Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ivy's Day with Grandma!

On Tuesday this week it was Ivy's day to spend with me all by herself! I went and got her at about 10:00 and when I walked into the house she got this huge smile and came running to be while saying "I'm ready to go with you Grandma". She was all dressed in this really cute outfit with her hair all done. We went to Target and shopped around...she got a new nightgown, flip flops, head band for her hair and most important "makeup" chap stick! Than we went to McDonald's for lunch and to play on the toys, than she wanted to go to my house and see the dogs and watch a movie. We took the dogs for a walk around the block. Than about 3:00 I asked her if it was time to go home and she said,"NO"! Well I packed her up and we headed towards home anyway. When we got to the Maverick in Stansbury I stop to get everyone a ICE and half way to her house she said, Grandma, I really don't want to go home! It made my heart hurt that I was making her go but she was happy to see her Mom and Dad and sisters. She gave them the things that we got for them from Target...they got head bands also. It was a fun day for me and we are going to do this more often with them all. They are so funny when they have your full attention and tell you crazy things that they have made up in their heads. When she come the next day while Jared and Alisa went to get a new vehicle, Ivy was talking about her "special day" that we had together...this is what makes life worth it...the sweet faces of 4 girls that call me Grandma!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

What a cutie! I bet you're such a fun grandma that those girls just don't want to leave you and go home. Hope you are doing well. Stop by sometime when you're out here if you have a few minutes.

Marissa said...

It is so great to have a grandma they love spending time with! Sydney loves her Grandma Lynn and never looks back when I drop her off!