Friday, April 18, 2008

If It's April, It's Time For Golf



Master's week is over and Trevor Immelman from South Africa won. Having visited and played at Augusta National, the guys that actually play in the Master's, really are masters of the game. The photo is a picture taken in the clubhouse where the trophy is displayed. The guy in the green jacket is a member and was our host. My cousin, Ray Johnson, does business with him and thats how I was able to receive an invitation to visit Augusta. At the judgment bar, if I have merited any kind of reward, I plan on asking the Lord for just a few acres of beautiful rolling countryside near the Augusta River on the Georgia-South Carolina border. I'll promise to take especial care for it! The real reason for the post is to express my appreciation for the arrival of spring. The beauties of nature and the emotional lift we receive by seeing winter and it's cold pass into the warmth and pleasantries of a new spring. (Plus, I can play golf again! That's the real reason I like spring!)

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hi! So Nice to have a way to connect, even if it is through the internet machine. I am relishing in VT spring as well. Has mom told you about some of our projects over in these parts by chance? We just bought an old house (as Siblings) are are renovating it to be a luxury Inn. That is the latest project and its a biggie. We are hoping to be open Labor Day weekend in September but we have so much to get done....ahhhhh! Love, Chris and the whole VT gang!

Leesee Girlyfield said...

How LUCKY are you to have played at Augusta!?! I know my cute little hubby is jealous!

Marissa said...

That is such a cool thing that you will be able to share with all the grandkids! We will get the girls golfing!