Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day My Pearl

This first post is blatantly personal. Scott has chosen to establish this blog as a Valentines Day gift to Lynn. Those of you who know us may be wondering why the name of "Jerri & Dalmas" for our family blog. When we were married almost 31 years ago in the Idaho Falls temple Lynn was living in Montana and I was from Utah. Both of us happen to go by our middle names. When we recived wedding gifts we knew immediately whether the gift came from someone that knew Lynn because the card would be addressed to "Dalmas and Lynn" but if the gift was from someone who knew Scott it would be addressed to "Scott and Jerri". Hence, our inside joke is that when we received a few gifts addressed to "Jerri and Dalmas" we knew that the givers really didn't know us! We accepted the gifts anyway. Right?

Lynn, I love you and cherish our friendship. You are my best friend. I was so fortunate to find you and, for the brief period of our courting, act in a manner that won your heart. The fact that you said yes, still makes me shake my head in amazement. Was I lucky or what! I guess it can be said "so I got that going for me, which is nice".

As we grow old and our brains fill up with so much stuff that they overflow down into our middle-aged bodies, know this; I still love calling you "babe". I mean it, every time I say it. Oh, and you still are my pearl. Loves, hugs and kisses.

4 comments:

Scott & Lynn Maxfield said...

I love you also sooo much. thanks for the lovely thought. you are turly my main man and best friend, and i just want you to know that you were the very best thing that could have ever come into my life. thanks for saveing me.

Leesee Girlyfield said...

WOW, Scott! You are more romantic than I thought. This is so fun being able to read about stuff that I normally probably wouldn't hear about... and your blog isn't mundane. (Actually, I have no idea what that really means), but it looks great anyway. I love you guys!!!

Marissa said...

Hey guys! I love your blog! It will be so fun to keep in touch this way. Scott, I loved the quotes-we will have to see how many you guys can slip in and we will catch. Plus, that was the sweetest, most fantastic post! Keep writing! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

way to go beav!